Welcome to the world, baby! Well, they’re not here just yet—and truthfully, if the world they enter is as good looking as the party you’re about to throw, that’s one lucky kid. We put together some must-haves and inspiration for a beautiful baby shower that’ll be a great addition to the family album.
We started the party with our “Sea of Love” invitation, which features a pod of undersea pals—but if you’re more for dry land, trust us, there are plenty of options for you.
Charming decor for the baby shower
1. Jumbo letter balloons — Hey, baby! We’re suckers for big letter balloons—when else can you do such low-cost skywriting?
White balloons with tassels — Mix up your shinier options with these lovely balloons in classic white with a whimsical tassel string.
2. Fringe garland — The fringe on this hanging garland will match your aerial balloon show.
Whimsical supplies for baby shower refreshments
4. Plates — These plates pick up the color well and are sustainable, too.
Marble cake stand — A cake stand at first seems like a nice way to separate whatever treat’s on the menu. But we’re big fans of adding levels of height to the table—it’s a quick design trick to make your banquet look extra special.
Cupcake liners — Good design starts from the bottom…
5. Cupcake tassel toppers — …and goes way, way, way to the top. (Again: think levels!)
Book shower supplies
One of our favorite party ideas is a book shower—it’s an idea after our heart (reading is fundamental), but it also lets your guests share a childhood memory in the form of their gift. Here are some ways to kit out the event.
6. KidCraft shelf — This party prop is a great place for guests to leave their gifts, and can also double as an early bookshelf in the nursery.
7. Letterboard — Put this at the head of the class to announce your theme—the schoolhouse vibes are perfect for a book shower, but in truth, it’s versatile enough for any party you might be throwing.
Every product in this post is one we personally love and can confidently recommend to our users. Paperless Post may earn a commission through affiliate links on this post.
Animals and themes for every baby shower
Everybody loves baby animals and a shower gives you an excuse to break out some of the nursery pals among other grown-ups. We’ve shown you some aquatic acquaintances, but our “Festive Fauna” and “Bunny’s Big Adventure” celebrate some darling landlubbers. If you’re throwing a tea party in honor of the parent-to-be, our “Little Teapot” is an occasion-appropriate update.