Fretting about the perfect way to say Happy Valentines day? Don’t worry! Our Valentine’s Day cards offer pre-formatted Valentine’s Day messages that range from the romantic to quarantine-inspired. With such a wide selection of Valentine quotes, you won’t have to fret about the right words (though it’s always sweet to add a personalized love note). Keep reading for our best Valentine’s Day card ideas.
Covid Valentine’s cards
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to tell your community that you’re thinking of them. Sending a Covid Valentine’s Day card can help you reconnect with a friend you haven’t seen since before lockdown, or tell your pandemic pod you appreciate them.
Covid Valentine’s Day card sayings
Acknowledging a shared reality in your Covid Valentine’s Day card is something that could resonate with your recipients. Some of our favorite Covid Valentine’s cards have a little humor in them too, which we think will be appreciated after the last year. Didn’t send holiday cards this year? No problem. Send one of these Covid Valentine’s cards to your address book instead:
What to write in a Valentines Day cards for him?
If it’s your boyfriend or husband, you probably know which Valentine message will be best! Your love may appreciate romantic Valentines day cards, or he may be the kind of sweetheart who really loves a joke about butts (no judgment!). No matter what his personality or sense of humor is, we have plenty of Valentines day cards to choose from:
14. For the romantic: Everything’s different now that I’ve met you.
15. For the one who appreciates bathroom humor: If you were stung by a jellyfish I’d pee on you.
16. For the fisherman: You’re a catch.
17. For your wild one: You drive me wild.
18. For the poker player: You suit me. Happy heart day.
19. For the one who loves silly humor (and butts!): I love you with all my butt (which is bigger than my heart).
20. For the stargazer or astrology lover: It was written in the stars.
21. For the dog lover: To the one I love the most.
22. For the rocker: Love you always.
What to write in wife’s Valentine’s Day card?
The perfect Valentines day card for her depends on who she is, and what she likes. Does your wife love puns and cheesy jokes, or is she someone who takes Valentine’s Day to heart? Have you been married a long time, or are you newlyweds? Appeal to her interests with a card featuring something she enjoys, whether animals or cooking. Whatever you choose, we have Valentines day card ideas for her. Above all, be super honest and tell her you’re crazy about her.
23. For the wife that likes the simple things: I love you to the moon and back.
24. For the romantic wife: It’s still as if we’ve only just met. I am in awe of you every day.
25. For the dog lover wife: I wuff you.
27. For your steadying one: You’re my anchor.
28. For the wife who loves a good curse word: You’re ducking amazing.
29. For the wife who loves puns: I love you with every beet of my heart.
30. For the wife who loves cute Valentine’s Day quotes: I’m sweet on you.
31. For your newlywed: We’re good together.
32. For the wife you’re just crazy about: I am completely wild about you.
What should I write in my mom’s Valentine’s card?
Your mom is always deserving of affection, so let her know you’re thinking of her by sending a sweet Valentine’s Day card. This is an especially great idea if you haven’t seen her in a while because of social distancing. Opt for a photo Valentine’s Day card with a sweet picture of you, your kids, a wedding picture, or even her fur grandbaby. Mom may have a great sense of humor, but we also think you should include a thoughtful Valentines day card message to her about how much she means to you. (Then, schedule a Zoom, send her a text, or give her a call!)
33. I really lucked out with you, Mom.
34. May your day be filled with chocolate (with a photo Valentine’s Day card).
35. For the mom who loves a cute and punny Valentine’s Day message: I love you berry much.
36. Same idea, different food: You have a pizza of my heart.
37. A Happy Valentine’s Day message featuring a photo of her grandbabies.
38. Keep it simple: Happy Valentine’s Day Mom and Dad.
40. Start from scratch: Send a virtual bouquet with a heartfelt note to your mom.
What do I write in a Valentine’s card for my friend?
There are tons of options for non-romantic, funny Valentine’s cards for your friends; many of which involve puns (because, let’s be honest, they’re great at cracking a smile). Don’t forget to include a personal Valentine’s Day message as well. Heck, get all sentimental if you want. Whether it’s someone you haven’t seen in over a year or a roommate you’ve be quaranteaming with, let them know you appreciate them.
41. Love you, boo.
42. You’re a gem.
43. Partner in wine.
44. My ride or die.
45. Be mine.
What to write in a Valentine’s Day card?
We think the sweetest Valentine messages are personal and thoughtful. This is true whether your Valentine day card is for your partner, your best friend, or your mom. A thoughtful Valentine’s Day message doesn’t have to be long either. Everyone loves a short and sweet sentiment, and a lot of our most popular of Valentines Day ecards cut to the chase. Where appropriate, your message can also be romantic. All of our Valentine’s Day cards come with pre-formatted Valentine’s Day messages, or you can use one of these classic Valentine’s day quotes instead.
Valentine’s day quotes
If you want to use a longer Valentine’s Day quote, you could use our online stationery instead of a traditional Valentine’s Day greeting card. Especially if your special someone loves literature (or at least quotes from literature) customize your card with Valentine’s Day quotes from the pros. Here are some of our favorite lines that you can use in your Valentine’s day message, including romantic quotes from poetry, novels, and books. They are sure to make your reader swoon.:
51. “If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so that I never have to live a day without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
52. “Love is patient, love is kind… It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
53. “I love you through and through, yesterday, today, and tomorrow, too.”– Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
54. “We were together. I forget the rest.” – Walt Whitman
55. “One is loved because one is loved. There is no reason for loving.” – Paulo Coelho
56. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Woolf
57. “Whatever our souls are made of…his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
58. “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
59. “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Margaret Mitchell
60. “Who, being loved, is poor?” – Oscar Wilde
61. “All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
62. “There are all types of love in this world and never the same love twice.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
63. “You’ve got a lovely everything.” – Ernest Hemingway
64. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride.” – Pablo Neruda
65. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” – Haruki Murakami
66. “I’m yours forever—forever and ever. Here I stand; I’m as firm as a rock. If you’ll only trust me, how little you’ll be disappointed. Be mine as I am yours.” – Henry James
67. “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone—we find it with another.” – Thomas Merton
68. “Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.” – Samuel Lover
69. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”― John Green
70. “I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.” -Robert Munsch
Sending a Valentines Day card is a simple way to let people know you’re thinking of them during the pandemic. Schedule your Valentine’s Day ecards on our app or website today, and check the holiday off your list. From romantic love cards to funny Valentine’s Day cards — we have a Valentine’s message for everyone in your address book.