Any day is a good day to tell your mom what she means to you. With Mother’s Day around the corner and the craziness of the past year, we’re thinking about our moms a lot right now. Whether you and mama text constantly, or only speak occasionally. Mother’s Day is a moment to acknowledge your mother figures and make them feel special. This year is particularly sentimental, as many of us haven’t been able to see our moms as much as we’d like.
Near or far, sweet or silly, there are plenty of Mother’s Day card messages to choose from in our large greeting card assortment. A Mother’s Day e-card is a simple, affordable way to send mom a little something that puts a smile on her face. (We suggest picking up the phone or hopping on a Zoom call, too.)
How do you wish someone a Happy Mother’s Day?
It’s important to be sincere in your Mother’s Day message. Speak from the heart (or choose a creative Happy Mother’s Day greeting that does!), even if you also inject a little humor. Virtual Mother’s Day cards aren’t just for moms, either. There are so many wonderful nurturers in our lives —from nannies, grandmas, aunties, stepmoms, dog moms, and sisters. Our diverse selection of Mother’s Day greeting cards let you easily (and safely) show love to all the impactful caregivers in your life, as well as ones you see showing love for their own babies or fur babies.
When it comes to when you should send a Mother’s Day card, you can easily send e-cards the day-of. Or, you can schedule your Mother’s Day ecards ahead of time to be sure you don’t forget when the day arrives (your future self will thank you).
Covid Mother’s Day card messages
This year of social distancing has been hard on everyone, especially those who have lost loved ones. It has also been tough for those who have had to be apart from their moms for long periods of time because of Covid. Take the time to tell your mother (or any mother-figure in your life) just how grateful you are to have them. Make plans to have a virtual Mother’s Day catch-up and let them know you can’t wait to see them soon with these Covid Mother’s Day cards.
Happy Mother’s Day card messages
These virtual Mother’s Day card ideas are gracious, uplifting, and let Mom know she’s loved. If your mom works hard, encourage her to treat herself to something that makes her happy or feel relaxed. As your biggest cheerleader, let her know how much you value her support. If she’s the role model in your life, thank her for all she’s taught you and for leading by example. From serious sentiments to more conversational cards, all of these options come with sincere love and gratitude. Add a personal touch to any of these Mother’s day wishes with a note of your own.
Mom may love a humorous opening message to your Mother’s Day greeting, but we also think funny Mother’s Day cards are perfect for your friends who are in the motherhood club. You and your friends look to each other for support, and that includes being there for each other as moms. Give your friends a little laugh and virtual high-five for being amazing and making things work every day. Funny Mother’s day wishes can come in the form of wordplay or puns, sarcasm, or a little wink and a clink of wine glasses
16. Chill and refill
You have a phone reminder set so you won’t forget to call her, and your family’s Mother’s Day Zoom is scheduled, but why not send a cute Mother’s Day card too? is a personal, thoughtful way to send love from afar. Online Happy Mother’s day cards are also easy (and safe) to send from the comfort of your own home. Paperless Post makes it easy to send all the moms in your life a cute surprise with a wide assortment of virtual Mother’s Day greetings.
New motherhood comes with a flood of different emotions, and it’s also an entry into the ultimate club. Give a nod to the new moms in your life and let them know you’re proud of them, happy for them, and here to show your support.
23. “The phrase ’working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman
Mama Leopard by Hello!Lucky
You know your partner or children’s mother is the queen, so why not use this day as a time to remind her? Whether she’s a stepmom, new mom, or just a really great mom, let your wife know how much she inspires and impresses you by being the mother figure she is.
Before there was your mother, there was your grandmother. The role of a grandma is truly special and not to be left out on Mother’s Day, especially since many of us were raised in part by our grandmothers. If you have kids (or nieces and nephews), don’t forget to acknowledge the important role of grandma that your mother, stepmom, or mother-in-law plays in the lives of their grandbabies. This Mother’s Day show the grandmothers in your life lots of love and appreciation, especially if you can’t be with them.
Mothers in law are certainly something special. It’s a unique relationship. You may be super tight with yours or just keep things friendly, but either way, a thoughtful Mother’s Day message from you will certainly go a long way.
Did you know 80% of divorced people get remarried? Stepmoms are important, often overlooked, figures. Don’t leave out the stepmoms in your life this year. Most of our Mother’s Day card messages can be easily tweaked for a stepmother—or, you may not need to tweak your ecard at all. Whether you call her a stepmom, bonus mom, or just plain mom, she’ll feel wonderful for being acknowledged by you.
Moms come in all forms, and that includes those in your life who give a lot of time, care, and love to their fur-babies. Go for a cute card that uses a bit of wordplay, or get creative and include a little note from the pet’s perspective (i.e. “Thanks, Mom! I would have written this by hand, but not having opposable thumbs can be a drag.”). If there’s one thing pet moms love, it’s everything their pets do—even if they didn’t really do it.
Mothers have been written about and talked about since the beginning of time—because, well, moms are pretty great. Because they’re an inspiration for so many people, there are quite a lot of famous quotes about motherhood and a mother’s love. Use one of these quotes in a Mother’s Day poem that accompanies a bouquet of flowers or a bottle of wine, inside the cover of a novel, or on a ceramic tile.
40. “A mother is the truest friend we have…” ― Washington Irving
41. “My mother… I want to grow old and be like her. ” —Jodi Picoult
42. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” —James E. Faust
43. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” —Mahatma Gandhi
44. “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
45. “A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
46. “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” —Maxim Grosky
47. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
48. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
49. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” —Cardinal Mermillod
50. “The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.” —Elaine Heffner
51. “In the mother’s eyes, her smile, her stroking touch, the child reads the message: ‘You are there!’” —Adrienne Rich
Looking to borrow a little humor for your Happy Mother’s Day card? These funny Mother’s Day quotes from writers, actors, and other creative minds will likely get a knowing chuckle from any mom.
52. “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.” —Lisa Alther
53. “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
54. “A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.” —Robert Brault
55. “In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” —Randy Susan Meyers
56. “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.” —The Golden Girls
57. “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them.” —Phyllis Diller
58. “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” —Milton Berle
59. “Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.” —Unknown
Add to a Mother’s Day e-card, or to a short text, to let mom know you’re thinking of her. No matter how you use these quotes in your Mother’s day wishes, they’re sure to get you inspired.
60. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ” —Robert Browning
61. “We are born of love; love is our mother.” —Rumi
63. “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” —Kahil Gibran
64. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
65. “A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” —Amy Tan
66. “Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
67. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” —Erich Fromm
68. Best mom ever.
69. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” —Rudyard Kipling
70. “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
Everyone’s relationship with their mom looks different. Even if you and your mom don’t talk a lot, a message of appreciation is bound to go a long way toward making her feel good. If you’re still wondering what to say, we have your back. Personal messages are always encouraged, but Paperless Post has pre-formatted Mother’s Day cards with relatable messages you can include and/or use to get you inspired. We have an ecard for you — whether you are a husband or a daughter. Plus, our Mother’s Day greetings from our design partners are only at Paperless Post!