It’s a mighty big one. It’s your little one’s first trip around the sun, so you have the perfect excuse to go all out. We picked out some party supplies perfect for a grand debut.
1. “One Big Cake” by Paper + Cup — Put first things first on this charming invitation featuring a splash of metallic lettering.
2. Gold number balloons — Spell out just which birthday this is with bright balloons that shine against the backdrop. If there are any shutterbugs in attendance, it also makes a great prop for party photos.
3. Tasselled banner — This sparkling banner carries the theme (and more than a few streamers). One mode of creative reuse: use it as a tasselled string to a big balloon or the framework for hung decorations of your own choice and invention.
4. Bunting cake topper — One is truly a banner year, so announce it on top of the cake, too.
If you’re looking for a specific theme, we found a surfeit of adorably wild party goods—that is, ideas from “Where the Wild Things Are” or a more general forest fete.
5. Gold paper crowns — For an explicitly Sendak celebration, these crowns make for a room of little Maxes.
7. Wood cake stand — This cake stand fits your forest theme (and will last through many future parties). If you’re serving something else or not having cake at all, use it as a pedestal for favors, figurines, or other decorative elements—adding levels to the display is an easy and impactful decorator’s trick.
Every product in this post is one we personally love and can confidently recommend to our users. Paperless Post may earn a commission through affiliate links on this post.
Kick off the inaugural celebration with “Ticker Tape Baby” by Mr. Boddington’s Studio, or go wild with “Jungle Jamboree” by Petit Collage or “Festive Fauna” by Rifle Paper Co. You can see the entirety of our animal-themed invitations here, or browse other ideas for a first birthday party (or invitations for bigger kids, too).