You can download the spreadsheet (.csv) template by clicking here or on the button below:
This template can be opened and edited using Microsoft Excel. You may type or paste your contacts into the template, or you may just reformat an existing spreadsheet based on the template or instructions below.
There should only be two columns in your spreadsheet, with the headers:
Be sure that the header cells do not have any spaces and that the first letter of each word is capitalized.
Once you've typed in your contacts, the spreadsheet must be saved with the extension ".csv" (.txt, .xls, and .xlsx will not work). You can do this in Excel by going to Save As and selecting CSV, Comma Separated Values, or Comma Delimited from the "Format" drop-down menu:
Click to enlarge.
Uploading your spreadsheet
To your Address Book:
- 1. Navigate to your Paperless Post Address Book by hovering your mouse over My Account at the top right corner of your screen and choosing "My Address Book" in your drop down menu.
- 2. At the top of the page, click "Import Contacts."
- 3. Click "Upload a File."
- 4. Click the "Choose File" button, navigate to where you saved your .csv file, and click "Upload File." This will import the contents of the entire spreadsheet to your Address Book. If there are any errors with your spreadsheet, you will see them on the screen after the import.
To your Guest/Recipient List:
- 1. Navigate to the Delivery page of your mailing (from the Drafts folder of your Post Box, use the menu to the right of your mailing you wish to send out to choose "Go to Delivery." If this option isn't available, you must finish filling out the required information on the Details page - click "Edit the Details").
- 2. On the right side of the page, click "Import Contacts" and then "Upload a File."
- 3. Click the "Choose File" button, navigate to where you saved your .csv file, and click "Upload File." This will import the contents of the entire spreadsheet to your Address Book. If there are any errors with your spreadsheet, you will see them on the screen after the import. You can upload a spreadsheet of up to 5000 recipients at one time.
Duplicate or invalid email addresses
The site will automatically de-duplicate your spreadsheet. Any instances of repeat email addresses will be pulled out of the spreadsheet and you'll be asked to choose one to re-upload. Invalid email addresses (e.g., "email@example.com") will also be pulled out of your spreadsheet and you'll be asked to edit them on the site and re-upload.