Paperless Post helps users create custom online and paper stationery through our elegant technologies and powerful design. Our customers pay us directly for a product they love and use for milestone events—like weddings and holidays—which means that we can focus on quality without having to answer to advertisers.
Our New York City office is surrounded by abundant lunch spots and subway lines. The kitchen is always stocked and our open floor plan gives the occasional office dog ample room to look cute. We're not fans of brilliant jerks or endless meetings, but we love hack days, tech talks, happy hours, karaoke outings, and movie nights featuring bad 80s flicks.
We're seeking an exceptional iOS developer to join our mobile team. In this role you will help us shape, design, and build the Paperless Post experience for iPhone and iPad (app just released in October). We utilize a number of frameworks and libraries such as CoreData, CoreAnimation, and ResKit. We are constantly improving our APIs to store and sync data for a seamless mobile experience. If you’re obsessed with design patterns, and not afraid to dig into technologies such as Grand Central Dispatch, this is the place for you.
- Develop and implement new features in native Objective-C
- Develop maintainable software through various methods, from peer reviews to writing automated tests
- Lead and participate in code reviews
- Ensure continuous high product quality through code testing, bug fixing, and feature changes based on consumer feedback
- Help analyze and resolve issues, bugs and crashes as they come up
- Participate in weekly meetings and give updates about development
- 2+ years of experience developing in Objective-C with the iOS SDK and/or for desktop Mac apps
- Excellent understanding of MVC and other common cocoa design patterns
- Excellent understanding of threads, GCD and concurrent operations.
- Solid understanding of CoreData, multiple contexts and versioned stores
- Solid understanding of memory management, retain cycles, blocks and delegates
- Experience interacting with Restful web services and JSON
- Experience with libraries such as RestKit and AFNetworking is a plus
- You love (or are willing to fall in love with) Unit Testing
- Creative with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Passion for product quality and attention to details
- Must be a team player and effective collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Experience coding for multiple mobile platforms (Android, BlackBerry, Windows) is a plus
We're seeking a creative Front-End Dev (primarily HTML/CSS) to architect and maintain paperlesspost.com, a site with more than three million unique visitors per month. As a key member of our engineering team, you'll work closely with our Product and Product Design teams on our main and mobile site, on jobs that range from simple fixes to weeks-long, feature-driven projects. You will get to work on a visually elegant site that puts a major emphasis and value on the front end; your work here will be noticed and appreciated.
- Complete front-end tasks, including new projects, current site updates and changes, and bug fixes.
- Work with the Product team on project specs.
- Receive Photoshop files from Product Design team and slice images, if needed.
- Convert design to schematic HTML/CSS.
- Ensure the site supports older browsers (IE8 and up only), leveraging progressive enhancement.
- Commit your code into our git repo and work with other team members on full implementation.
- Use of CSS3 is encouraged, the site does not need to look identical in all browsers.
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills. Solid understand of web standards a must.
- Proven good judgement when it comes to implementing design.
- Ability to make reusable and fast CSS.
- Experience working in responsive front-end development.
- Experience using Photoshop.
- Mac OSx experience a plus.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
Our Stack: Ruby and Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Sammy.js, Grunt.js, Git, PostgreSQL. Also lots of bleeding-edge tools and technologies like Redis, Node.js, Canvas, Golang.
- Develop maintainable software through various methods, from peer reviews to writing automated tests.
- Lead and participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with the product, design, QA, and support teams to understand product requirements prior to implementation.
- Ensure continuous high product quality through code testing, bug fixing, and feature changes based on consumer feedback.
- B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Creative with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Passion for product quality and attention to details.
- Experience in and enthusiasm for working with a team of software developers.
- Able to and enjoy learning new concepts in a quick time frame and being able to apply them professionally.
Business Operations Manager
We are looking for an Operations Manager to handle our PAPER by Paperless Post line. In response to customer demand we launched our PAPER by Paperless Post line last year as a physical counterpart to our digital cards. Since our launch last year we’ve seen tremendous growth and are increasing options for our PAPER line at a rapid pace - we’re looking for someone to help us handle and capitalize on this success. The ideal candidate will have operations or product production experience, an analytical mind, and an eagerness to dive deep into a complex but exciting field. This role will work closely with an internal PAPER Operations Associate and report to the COO.
- Help run the PAPER by Paperless Post business end-to-end
- Manage relationships with all production partners with a goal of increased efficiency, lower costs and higher quality of service. This will include being point person for design tests & reviews, managing production issues, and conducting site visits
- Own the quality, consistency and efficiency of the process of a customer-designed PAPER order from onsite check-out to delivery at a customer’s home
- Research and work with our design team to create repeatable guidelines for the Paperless Post design process to produce templates that are well-suited to our printing processes (flat, letterpress, engraving and thermography)
- Run competitive bid processes for sourcing new production partners nationally and abroad for all printed services and goods
- Research opportunities in our production process and offerings (offering different paper types, best quality materials, etc.)
- Stay up to date on market and advise accordingly to help predict demand and marketing opportunities
- Work with the marketing team on messaging the PAPER product
- Ensure we’re prepared to scale with increased PAPER demand
- 3-5 years experience in an operations role, ideally in a company that offers both e-commerce and physical goods. Stationery/print experience a big plus.
- Proven analytical and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting suggestions with researched marketplace trends, hard data, and business logic
- Interest in printing and stationery; understanding of the opportunities and limitations of printing
- Business acumen, exceptional organization and communication skills, willingness to do research and become an expert, a quick learner
We're seeking a Technical Recruiter to join our HR & Recruiting team and take the lead on all technical recruiting and recruiting-based projects. Founded in 2008 and steadily growing, we’re now at 60+ employees with a clear map of our 2014 goals; we’re looking for someone who can take the helm on sourcing, recruiting, and hiring the people that will ensure we hit our goals this year and beyond. We offer our employees tough problems, a real voice in company direction, and an environment that prioritizes technology, visual art, and a sense of humor. Our tech team is entirely in-house and works hard on problems which drive our bottom line directly -- we’re looking for someone who can capitalize on what we’ve built and formalize our more long term recruiting practices.
We’ve always had a philosophy of purposeful hiring and the ideal candidate will share our company ideals and dedication to creating a dynamic working environment that fosters growth, camaraderie, and innovation (and animated gifs). In this role you are step one of the process, providing candidates with an appealing, compelling experience that reflects the challenging work we’re doing and the amazing culture we’ve cultivated. You’ll report to the Head of HR & Recruiting and work closely with hiring managers and our management team to identify needs, technical candidates, and general sourcing opportunities. This is a great role for an experienced candidate looking to build a scalable recruiting operation in a company that strongly values and supports quality hiring practices.
- Work with managers to identify team needs and develop strategies to hire exceptional candidates for both recurring and one-off technical roles
- Source, recruit, and do an initial screen of all technical candidates; brainstorm innovative ways to reach talent and develop a rapport with candidates
- Organize and manage interview process, including scheduling interviews, ensuring team preparedness for interviews, and giving timely updates and feedback to candidates
- Manage and build upon our robust college recruiting program
- Identify non-college recruiting events we should be hosting or attending
- Assess current recruiting practices and edit and build upon as needed to scale
- Identify and put into place any needed recruiting tools
- Work closely with teams to write compelling job descriptions, edit our jobs page, and generally create the most appealing pitch to candidates
- Stay up-to-date on our technology, general tech trends, and our competitors
- Collaborate with HR on projects and events as needed
- In-house technology recruiting experience, preferably in a start-up
- Proven experience successfully recruiting for a technical team with a rigorous eye on top quality candidates; proven experience building relationships with candidates
- Well-versed in recruiting practices and tools (job boards, advanced research, boolean logic, etc.)
- Enjoy and be hungry for the process and practice of recruiting; a healthy dose of competitive spirit
- Enthusiastic team player with proven ability to understand what different roles are doing day-to-day and tell that story to outside candidates
- Interest and enthusiasm in our company culture and product
- Discrete, professional, tactful, transparent; Organized, creative, self-motivated, flexible
- Exemplary communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Planner/Analyst - Merchandise
In this role you’ll be tasked with using analytical data and category management to ensure that the invitations and cards on our site accurately reflect consumer demand. Your analysis will be core to our product marketing strategy, ensuring that designs are surfaced and displayed in a way that maximize card creation and sales, as well as optimize customer experience. Daily responsibilities range from competitive research to quantity planning, categorization, tagging, tracking and reporting content performance, pruning underperforming content, and highlighting successful / relevant designs. This role works closely with both our Content Design and Marketing teams.
- Work with Creative Director to translate high level business goals into a quarterly and annual content plan
- Use third party and internal market data to research and forecast the demand for new and existing products
- Develop framework for analyzing and reporting weekly sales data by SKU and category
- Perform pricing analysis for new and existing product
- Cull and prune underperforming designs seasonally
- Make recommendations for types of content to develop deeper
- Use click data to manage the taxonomy of the main content navigation
- Produce trend reports on what the consumer is responding to
- Work with Merchandiser to ensure existing and new content is tagged and categorized in ways that maximize exposure of appropriate designs to users
- 2+ years experience in online merchandising or a similar role with a stationery product, including experience in product selection and merchandising based on data analysis
- Mastery of Google Analytics and understanding of or willingness to learn other analytical tools (ex: Optimizely, Mixpanel)
- Demonstrated experience using analytical tools to create data-driven plans
- Proven experience backing up suggestions with tracked marketplace trends, hard data, and business logic
- Excel skills a must, SQL skills a plus
- An interest in design and stationery
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong research skills
- The ability to communicate internally and externally with clarity and concision
- Proactive and collaborative
We're seeking a Data Engineer/Analyst to be the second person on our Business Intelligence team. In this role you’ll help us improve Paperless Post by building systems and reports to empower people to make data-driven decisions, as well as doing analysis to uncover fundamental insights about our business. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of math and development skills. This role works with and across the entire company and especially closely with our Tech, Operations, and Marketing teams.
- Work closely with every single department in the company to identify and prioritize what questions we need to answer
- Build production systems to collect and process data. Everything from helping our product team implement in-app analytics, to building ETL processes to make data usable.
- Build reports and tools to get people the data they need. We have an internal application that allows us to write a query once and have anyone run it for variable parameters. Still, there are always new ways to look at data and consequently new queries and reports to write.
- Analyze the data we collect to generate important insights. We collect a lot of data, but still only use a small portion of it to help make our site better. You will help us use the data we have to make better business decisions.
We are looking for someone with a good blend of programming, analysis, and communication skills. We're not expecting you to have everything on this list already, but you should have a good mix of:
- Experience doing analysis in Excel, Python, and/or R
- Experience building production web systems
- Experience working with medium to large data sets (tables with over 10 million rows)
- Experience with Hadoop / MapReduce a plus
- Experience building interactive visualizations in d3 a plus
- Strong business sense and general good judgement
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work closely with senior management
- Ability to self-manage, work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to prioritize and determine what is important
We're seeking a Product Manager to own the current and future quality of a specific part of the site, pushing features and improvements forward. The successful candidate will join a growing team and have a real voice in an established, iterative process. A Product Manager here splits his/her time between building product roadmaps that work toward the company’s goals and timelines and coordinating all the teams and pieces (visuals, spec, timing, analytics) that come together to deliver a product. This role reports to the COO and works closely with the developers, QA, and our Product Design team to manage all aspects of a feature’s life from wireframe, through staging, to delivery on the site.
- Create and manage roadmap for their product domain
- Deliver requirements documents to the Product Design team based on business goals
- Test existing functionality, prototypes & new ideas with users
- Collect and analyze user data through surveys, market research, Google Analytics and RJMetrics
- Work with Product Design team to finalize specs and fill in any holes
- Work with Product Design to limit scope of spec/versioning to get features out the door
- Work with devs to make sure they understand the requirements and have everything they need (spec, files etc)
- Ensure that features are being built according to spec
- Make tickets and manage building process through to final staging
- Coordinate with QA team for final testing and deploys
- Create and analyze metrics for new and existing features to evaluate performance and build improvements
- 1-2 years project management experience, preferably in a consumer-facing company. Start-up experience a plus
- Proven ability to think strategically in both the short and long term
- Highly detail oriented and focused on pushing things forward
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and communications skills
- Ability to thrive in collaborative, fluid work environments
- Deep understanding of current technologies
The ideal candidate for this role has excellent visual design skills and is passionate about composition, typography, and color. You have a clean and sophisticated aesthetic, an exceptional eye for detail, and you are able to come up with creative, inspiring, on-brand designs that showcase our product in the most compelling way possible.
You’re someone who is eager to learn more about UI/UX design and willing to pivot between graphic design and helping out with interface design as needed.
This role reports to the Director of Product Design and works closely with UI and UX designers, the Marketing team, the Content Design team, and our Brand Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in graphic design while also building UI/UX skills.
- Help establish and reinforce our brand and visual language across applications (desktop, mobile) and channels
- Develop on-brand, original ways to showcase our product, features, and content
- Create all visual assets and design concepts for consumer marketing collateral, including emails, landing pages, product ads, social media, and blog
- Interface with the Marketing team and Content Design (card design) team for any external marketing efforts with partners
- Assist UI designers with creating pixel-perfect, production-ready feature designs according to spec and or wireframe and delivering those to the development team
- Create original card content, as time and need permits
Examples of what you'll be working on:
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design for web
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong visual sense: color, composition and type
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Interest in user experience and usability
We're seeking a Graphic Designer to join our in-house Design team. We produce an enormous number of cards each year, for general correspondence, holidays, and milestone life events. Our Design team is the heart of our visual content, producing cards that get sent millions of times each month. This is a great role for someone with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of print design looking to join an established startup with an in-house design team that thrives on collaboration and creativity. This position requires a confident approach to design and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of designers.
- Collaborate with our team of Art Directors and in-house Designers to create, design, and produce original artwork for online and printable cards and invitations
- Upload designs to our site using a custom built backend system
- Perform production and pre-flight duties for both in-house and partner designs
- Work with Marketing and Development teams as needed
- BA in Graphic Design and 3-5 years relevant experience. MFA in Graphic Design a plus
- Strong command of the Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- Strong sense of color and composition; Expert command of typography
- Bold, clean aesthetic
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others; positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated passion for graphic design and stationery
- Photo background a plus
User Experience Designer
For the right candidate this is an opportunity to have a real voice in an established, iterative process working on both new and existing features that reach millions of users.
The perfect candidate is fluent in current UX best practices but knows the right time to come up with innovative solutions. You can deconstruct a problem to come up with the minimum and maximum viable solutions for immediate improvements and long-term fixes and you are extremely responsive/agile when it comes to addressing unforeseen issues. You’re someone who is always thinking about our users and you can focus on both the big picture the tiny details that comprise it.
This role reports to the VP, Product and works closely with the Product Design team, Product Managers, Developers, and our Support team.
Improve Existing Features
Create New Features
- UX / Product Design experience, preferably in a consumer-facing company
- Fluent in at least one wireframing software like Balsamiq, Axure, or Omnigraffle
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS. Understanding of native platforms (iOS/Android) a bonus.
- Proven ability to think strategically in both the short and long term
- Demonstrated ability to translate consumer needs into product improvements
- Deep understanding of current technologies and web and mobile usability standards
- Some experience with usability testing / heuristic evaluations / user tests, interviews
- Experience critiquing designs / apps / websites
Associate Project Manager
In this role, your daily life will be a mix of quality assurance and project management-two fundamental parts of our process. As a liaison between our Product and Dev teams, you will participate in refining product requirements with a focus on maintaining quality both technically and from a user-experience perspective. This role is both extremely important and a very fun job for someone looking to combine their tech and creative interests with a natural attention to detail. Ideal candidates will have a computer science or engineering background, but are more interested in product or project management as a career.
- Maintain quality on the site through bug tracking, reporting, and management. This includes: discussing bugs, issues, and tickets with Product Managers; following through on bugs, finding solutions, testing and deploying fixes; sitting in and contributing to meetings to strategize and plan improvement features.
- Fully understand project specs and help Product Managers manage priorities with an eye on the tension between timelines for releasing products, the realities of changing specs, and the need for near-perfect performance for customers.
- Computer Science degree (major or minor) or technical background a big plus.
- Passion for improving a product.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Proactive and perceptive
- Superb communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding and strong interest in web technologies.
- Track record of proactive project management.
- Ability to listen carefully and execute within changing priorities.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and tools a plus.
Quality Assurance Engineer
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to serve as a liaison between our Product and Engineering teams.
In this role you will live between our two top priorities: product-enhancing features and flawless functionality, ensuring that Paperless Post is constantly growing and adding new features without sacrificing quality. We provide a consumer-friendly product that over thirty million people interact with, and the successful candidate will be involved in a mix of quality assurance, feature management, and advocacy for our users.
- Fully understand project specs, and create and manage tickets for development team
- Vet the readiness of features for production via feature testing and regression-testing other areas of the site
- With Product Managers, discuss bugs and other issues and their effect on specs and deployment goals
- Work closely with Product Managers toward the goal of optimal production performance by:
- Ensuring technical quality of projects and features before and after deployment
- Incorporating solutions for user-facing bugs and usability issues into the feature development process
- Push forward the development of new features, advocate for the fixing of user-facing bugs and usability issues, and ensure the general stability of the products we release
- Passion for delivering an extremely high quality product
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Understanding and strong interest in web technologies
- Ability to listen carefully and execute within changing priorities
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and tools
- Track record of proactive project management a plus
We’re looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to bring their expertise to our Product Design team. The ideal candidate should be comfortable in a startup environment and know that design is about visual communication and language. This person will also be a sharp, creative problem solver who is passionate about clean, compelling, high quality design and wants to contribute in multiple dimensions to shape and define the Paperless Post web and mobile experience. This person will work within a small and talented design team, and closely with our Product, Engineering, and QA teams to iteratively refine the way our users interact with our web-based and mobile products throughout all phases of the product cycle.
- Collaborate with the Product team to develop and establish user-centric, interactive visual designs.
- Design new and creative approaches that facilitate user understanding and logical manner.
- Produce design elements for site development and collaborate with the development team to ensure visual consistency.
- Contribute to and maintain the style guide for mobile web, iOS, and desktop web.
- 2-3 years of design experience with Photoshop, Fireworks, or similar tools. Experience with designing for touch and/or mobile interfaces is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design- or User Experience-related major. HCI related degree and/or course work a plus.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and web design best practices/standards.
- A passion for product and web application design and an aesthetic understanding of what Paperless Post is and could be.
- Able to thrive in a fluid startup environment, able to both take direction and go beyond what is asked for you.
- Must be a great team player and an effective collaborator with excellent communication skills. It is essential that you are able to present your design rationale based on our brand, user goals, and usability, rather than personal opinion.
- A current and review-ready portfolio demonstrating strong user interface and visual design work.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't see a job listed here that's right for you? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- 20 days paid time off
- 10 office holidays
- Health and dental insurance
- Company equity
- 401k retirement plan
- Pre-tax health and transit savings options
- Sponsorship for conferences and classes
85 million cards sent
$12.3 million raised
6 different ways to make coffee
4 years old and made in NYC since day one